When you think of Portland, the first thing that may come to mind is its renowned food and drink scene. But what about those who prefer non-alcoholic beverages? Fear not, for Portland also boasts a vibrant mocktail culture. Here are five of the best places to get a mocktail in the City of Roses.
The Old Gold
Located in the Overlook neighborhood, The Old Gold has been serving delicious food and drinks for over a decade. This friendly watering hole is known for its extensive cocktail menu, but it doesn’t shy away from serving up some delicious mocktails. For those looking for a non-alcoholic option, try the sparkling black pepper lemonade or the pineapple Tajin “Mockarita”. They are sure to quench your thirst and keep you coming back for more.
Bye and Bye
Bye and Bye, one of Alberta’s greatest gems, is a vegan restaurant and bar that could fool the average meat lover with its well-designed menu. They also offer a generous mocktail menu for those who want to enjoy a refreshing drink without the alcohol. The Rose Palmer’s iced tea lemonade is a unique blend of iced tea and lemonade complemented by rosemary simple syrup. Or, you might enjoy the Floor Punch, a sparkling cranberry lemonade. For the adventurous, the Little Bird combines lime, grapefruit, Fresca, and a Tajin rim to create a mocktail that packs a punch.
Radio Room, an Alberta Arts District standby, is set in a former service station and serves some of Portland’s most unique mocktails. If you’re looking for mid-century vibes with your drink, this is the place to go. Try the Tina Louise Nojito, a twist on the classic mojito where mint and lime get funky with ginger beer and sesame oil. Or, if you prefer something sweet, the Orange Dream is a vegan orange creamsicle with coconut and pineapple that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Blank Slate, a women-owned cocktail bar in Montavilla, offers an array of highlights including their mocktails. Try the Bring Back Mary Berry, a drink that blends yuzu, marionberry, and saline, or the Vacation with passionfruit, orgeat, coconut milk, and mint. Each drink is a fun and fruity combination that is sure to delight the palate and leave you wanting more.
So, there you have it. Whether you’re a local or a visitor, teetotaler or designated driver, there’s a mocktail in Portland with your name on it. Each of these bars offers a unique mocktail experience that is sure to satisfy your craving for a delicious and refreshing drink without the alcohol. Why not try one out the next time you’re in town?
- What isa mocktail?
- A mocktail is a non-alcoholic beverage that mimics the flavors and presentation of a traditional cocktail.
- Where can I find the best mocktails in Portland?
- Some of the best places to find mocktails in Portland include The Old Gold, Bye and Bye, Radio Room, and Blank Slate.
- Do these places serve food as well?
- Yes, most of these establishments serve food along with their mocktails. It’s always best to check their menus online before visiting.
- Are these places vegan-friendly?
- Yes, some of these places, like Bye and Bye, are known for their vegan-friendly options.
- Can I order these mocktails for takeout?
- Policies may vary by establishment. It’s always best to check with the individual bar or restaurant.